Ultra Waterproofing Agent
CretePro® Ultra Waterproofing Agent is a modified silicate solution that provides long-term waterproofing and durability benefits to concrete. It penetrates into concrete and reacts with free calcium and water to form a calcium silicate gel complex in cracks, pores and capillaries. This gel creates a sub-surface barrier against the ingress of water and contaminants such as chloride ions.
CretePro Ultra Waterproofing Agent will seal stable cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) in width and will seal future, non-structural cracks, up to 1/64” (0.4 mm). In the matrix, the product remains reactive when in contact with water, to provide autogenous healing properties to future hairline cracks that increase in size.
Long-term warranty against water penetration.
Long-term performance with no re-application or future maintenance required. 100% trafficable within 8 hours, with minimal risk of damage during construction or thereafter. Find stubborn cracks easily, with an easy fix.
CretePro Ultra Waterproofing Agent comes in the following sizes;
- 1 gallon bottle (3.8 liters)
- 5 gallon Pails (18.92 liters)
- 55 gallon drums (208.2 liters)
• Colorless, clear to slightly opaque, odorless, soapy feel
• Non-toxic & Biodegradable
• Percent non-volatile solids: 27.7%
• Specific gravity at 77°F (25°C) : 1.225
• Flash point – no true flash – boils at 214°F (101°C)
• Auto-ignition temperature – N/A Non-explosive
• Viscosity – 14.3 centipoise or 0.1172 Stokes
• Hazardous chemicals – Sodium Silicate (modified)
• pH 11.7
Protect glass, aluminum, wood and painted surfaces, terra-cotta and glass-glazed tiles, red brick, marble and
travertine from over-spray.
• Seals cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) on initial application and will seal future non-structural cracks up to 1/64” (0.4 mm), except for cold joint applications.
• Reduction of chloride diffusion coefficient by 89% to 3.5 (10-12m2/s).
• Increases surface hardness from 6 to 8 on Moh’s scale.
• Reduces scaling in freeze-thaw environments by 89% at 50 cycles.
• Allows 84.1% moisture vapor permeability.
• Suitable for tanking applications (positive hydrostatic pressure) – tested to 400 meters (1,312’).
The NSF/ANSI 61 is a set of national standards that relates to water treatment and establishes stringent requirements for all equipment and
products that come in contact with either potable (drinking) water or products that support the production of potable water.
CretePro Ultra Waterproofing Agent has been UL Certified NSF/ANSI 61.
CretePro Ultra Waterproofing Agent must be applied to a clean, dry, dust-free concrete surface, at least 28 days old. If the surface is not clean, then the use of one of the following Alchemco Clean & Repair (ACR) products, or a shot blast system, is suggested for prepping the surface for warrantied applications. Chemical cleaning may require multiple applications and the use of different products to achieve complete cleaning. Certain types of cleaning equipment may improve performance and speed of application when applying chemical cleaners, contact the Technical Department for a list of approved equipment and cleaning methods.
• ACR Concrete & Masonry Cleaner • ACR Emulsifying Cleaner
• ACR Concrete & Masonry Etch • ACR Paint & Stain Remover
• ACR Rust Converter & Inhibitor
Contact the Technical Department for help and directions for which cleaning product will provide the best result for a clean surface.
Where segregation or voids are apparent, chip out and treat with ACR Concrete Patch & Repair. Once repaired, allow at least 24 hours for patches to dry and cure. If works needs to be completed faster, then use ACR HP Concrete Repair.
Do not apply where ambient temperatures are below +39°F (+4°C) or above +95°F (+35°C). Do not apply within 24 hours of the surface being wet.
Normal: 1 gallon per 200 square feet (1 liter to 5 square meters) on average. Can vary depending on substrate absorption, which varies depending on the age of concrete and original density.
1. Locate all cracks and flood with solution, first ensuring they are filled with product.
2. Apply the solution to the remaining area at a rate of between 160-240 square feet per gallon (4-6 square meters per liter).
3. First watering – When surface becomes touch dry – (usually 2-6 hours depending on wind conditions and ambient temperature) flood spray the treated areas with water. If product is still wet after 6 hours, begin first watering.
4. On Day 2 – 24 hours later apply CretePro Ultra Activator.
5. On Day 3 – 24 hours later water again.
6. After the third watering, block drains and pond area for a minimum of 12 hours to verify the waterproof seal.